Even Nature Knows it is Easter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A couple of weeks ago a friend e-mailed me something neat that I wanted to share with you this Easter weekend. There are many signs that spring has arrived, from bunnies hopping, little chicks hatching out of their shell, tulips bursting through the ground into glorious blooms to warmer air and gentle breezes.

Did you know that nature knows when it's Easter? Look closely at the photo above (or the close-up below), the little pine branches at this time of year form little crosses. They start their new growth a couple weeks before Easter, even they know what this time of year is all about. While I love easter baskets, chocolate bunnies, speckled eggs, chicks and baby lambs, this weekend I will be celebrating a different lamb and what He did for us on the cross by laying down his life so we could have eternal life. I thought this post would be only appropriate.

Here is a closer look. For the original story that goes along with these photos click HERE.




I hope you will be surrounded by family and those you love this Easter. May this time bring you new growth, hope, joy and peace.

For those of you who have not yet entered the Clinique Giveaway, today is the last day! It closes at midnight tonight and I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow.

Happy Easter weekend!