Deal of the Day

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't you just love it when you have your eye on something special whether it be a new dining table, curtain panels or a cute new dress and you see that exact item at a steep discount other than where you discovered it to begin with?

As you know, I love yard sale finds. I can generally find cute dresses from stores like Banana Republic, The Gap, J.Crew, etc for around $1-$2 instead of around $60-$80, I love it!

I have another source for great deals. The local goodwill store near my house stocks a lot of new Target items-everything  from clothing, belts and shoes to drapery, bedding and greeting cards. You see, Target donates 5% of it's revenue back into the community which means that a lot of clearance items or overstock is often sent to organizations like Goodwill to be offloaded from their local stores and warehouses.  I don't know if every Goodwill store receives such merchandise but I've been to three different stores in the Orlando area and they all do.

I've been able to pick up some of the best items, many of them new clothes with tags. Last fall Goodwill had a rack filled with .99 cent clothing items. I wound up getting 3 cardigans, 2 pairs of yoga capri pants, a dress and a pair of shorts all for less than $8 and they were all brand new Target brands, when I should have paid about $125 if I had purchased them all from Target itself.

Today's deal of the day is a pair of shoes. I had my eye on these tan colored Merona Maribel Peep Toe Wedges from the moment they first came out in the store. At $26.99 they are really very reasonable but I told myself that they were a 'want' and not a need. I've been trying to be a good steward of my finances and while I had tried them on a couple of times in Target, I ultimately convinced myself that while they were well priced, I didn't need another pair of shoes. Truth be told I don't have any shoes in that color at present, after donating a couple pairs recently I really wanted a comfortable shoe in tan.

Fast forward to two months later. Yesterday I popped into Goodwill after running an errand and the first thing I spotted on a shelf when I walked in were these great wedges!



The best part is they were completely new, never worn, in my size and just $5.99! They only had that one pair, and they fit me perfectly. What are the odds of that happening? I just smiled because I felt like God wanted to bless me with the shoes I had my eye on but at a steep discount-78% off to be exact. I couldn't refuse them this time, I know they were placed there just for me.

They are super comfortable and don't rub on my toes in any way, like some open-toed shoes can. After my last post, I'm sure you've figured out that peep-toe shoes are a favorite of mine. :) These also come in black and 2 other colors. I highly recommend them if you're looking for a comfortable wedge.

How about you? Have you also come across new Target merchandise in your Goodwill stores? What has been your best find yet? I'd love to hear it!