How to Apply Eyeshadow Like a Pro

Monday, April 12, 2010

Have you ever wondered how to apply eyeshadow like a makeup artist? I've always felt that blush, mascara and lipstick are pretty straight forward but somehow when it comes to eyeshadow, I've never really figured out how to create that all-out glamorous look or perfect smoky eye. I typically use neutral browns and a bit of shimmer in the corners of the eye area to create a wider-eyed look and try to keep my makeup very natural looking.

Growing up my mom never taught me how to wear shadow as she encouraged me to stay away from makeup to keep my skin as pure as possible. Once I did start wearing some, I wore mascara but never really eyeshadow for a long time. I've got the gist of which colors go where in terms of intensity on the eyelid area, but have always wanted a really soft, dramatic, blended look that didn't look so 'everyday' for special occasions.

If you've been trying to figure the eyeshadow thing out too, then you're in luck. One of my blogger friends Sarah Mae of 'Like a 'Warm Cup of Coffee' recently posted this video below wherein her sister shows us how easy it is to make shadow work for you. I hope you'll check out her blog, she's got a lot of other great posts too!



Do you have any makeup or skincare tips that you want to share with us? Oh, and let me know if you found the video helpful. :) I tried out the tips mentioned and while it just required a small tweek in the way I applied my shadow, it turned out really pretty!