Blogging or Venting?

Saturday, September 12, 2009
Over the past few months I've come across some really interesting, entertaining, well-written, beautifully designed and informative blogs. I love seeing each person's individual writing style shine through and the great perspective that others often provide through their blog pages. I often feel inspired to use a new painting technique, try a new recipe, or just do something different. This is one of the reasons I start my day by spending about 10 minutes browsing through my favorite blogs before I begin work, because it makes me feel good.

On the contrary, I have also come across several blogs that look like an excuse for the writer to vent or get a lot of negative things off of their chest. These blogs range from personal to political and are not shy when it comes to controversy. While everyone is entitled to freedom of speech and stating their opinion, I'll be honest, these are the blogs I try to avoid. We all have many things that we deal with in a day, some good, some not so favorable and I'm not interested in the burden of someone else's drama. My hubby's motto is: 'Show me your friends and I'll show you your future'. I have to agree with it wholeheartedly, as I even noted most of the blogs that these venters followed were equally as negative and dramatic. I suppose misery loves company.

As a rule of thumb, even if girlfriends are not around to discuss the details or a significant other is unavailable, posting such information in the form of a blog, facebook, twitter or myspace is not proper etiquette and is really very unclassy. If there is an issue with someone, the best thing to do is take it up with the other person/people face to face and then move forward leaving the past in the past, with a clear mind to focus on the positives!

I want everyone to feel comfortable when they visit 'Classy & Fabulous!' and I am committed to keeping this a drama-free zone both in content and comments. I hope you find this to be an informative, sometimes funny and most of the time inspiring blog where you can relax.

So, what are your favorite and most inspiring blogs? Leave us a comment and share the URL so everyone can enjoy it too! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!