What Are You Grateful For Today?

Saturday, September 5, 2009


At a time when the economy is unstable, people have lost their jobs, money is tight and it feels like relief is no where in sight, it's important to focus on what we DO have. It's a proven fact that by focusing on the positives in our life, we will attract more positive things in our lives. It will also allow you to feel more at peace vs. stressed out and frustrated. Sometimes there are circumstances that we may not be able to change but it is our attitude, not our circumstances, that will determine how successful we will be in the future.


At the beginning of the year I started a gratitude journal, as I wanted to document what I was most grateful for each day. It isn't anything fancy, just a hard covered notebook where I can jot down 5 new things each day. Sometimes I'm inspired by others and other times it's the little breakthroughs I've enjoyed throughout the day.


While running some errands yesterday I came across a gentleman in a wheelchair who was missing his right leg. Although he was confined to a wheelchair, he had a big smile on his face and you could just tell he was enjoying life. He was a reminder to me how blessed I am to have two working, healthy legs to walk, run, jog and get around on. I can't even imagine how much more difficult his life must be or the extra time he must spending doing daily tasks that we take for granted. Let's remember what we do have working for us, not what may be mounting against us.


What I'm Grateful for Today:


1. My husband who takes care of me when I'm sick. He was sweet enough to return to the drugstore twice to pick up the right cold medication and even returned with a bunch of beautiful sunflowers!


2. The large downpour of rain we had this morning, because it means less water we need to use on our lawn which is better for the environment and our pocketbook. :)


3. Amazing Friends! In times of celebration and times where I have felt defeated, my friends have always been there for me. I am so blessed to have such an awesome group of friends who each possess such different personalities and zest for life!


4. After reflecting on my thrifty trip to the Goodwill store yesterday, I am definitely grateful that it is so close to my house. They often have loads of brand new 'surplus' items that Target donates. I wound up getting 2 new pairs of yoga pants, a pair of shorts and 3 cardigans for .99 cents each! I also got a Pier One set of 6 appetizer plates for just .99 cents each too. The best part is that they were all brand new items from Target! No matter how much money I have in the bank I know I will always shop there, I love recycling, getting amazing deals and supporting my local community.


5. My Health- Despite a minor cold that I got while travelling, I am completely healthy. I know there are many families who are visiting loved ones in the hospital, a nursing home or who are battling to get the care they need because they do not have the proper medical insurance in place. I thank God for all of the nutritional knowledge I've obtained that allows me to stay at peak performance!


What are you grateful for today? Tell us! We'd love to hear from you!


Have a Blessed Day!