Sharing Our Exciting News with the World!!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013


"L" is also for.....


Love

Life-Changing

Lullabyes

Learning

Looking forward to meeting our precious gift

Luminous Glow

Lots of Cravings

Laughter

Light of our world




I am beyond thrilled to finally share with you all that Paul and I are expecting our first child this summer! :) We found out just before Christmas (it was the evening before we left for a cruise to be exact. It was challenging but I kept it a secret from hubby for a few days so he could be surprised on Christmas Eve during our trip-I loved his reaction.) We kept tight-lipped for a while and finally began sharing the news with our closest family at 6 weeks after it was officially confirmed by the doctor and then began telling our friends at about 12 weeks as I entered the 'safe' zone and got closer to the second trimester. 




We heard baby Davis' heartbeat at 12 weeks and recorded it on my smart phone. My sniffles can be heard on the audio as I wiped away tears, I had dreamed for so long about what that day would be like. As baby's heart beat fast our hearts raced with joy and anticipation as we wait to meet our little one. 

So far I've taken belly photos at 5, 9 ,12 and 14 weeks. I'm trying to take a new photo every 2 weeks now to document my progress sharing it via Facebook with my friends and family back home who I will not see during this time. I recently just turned 15 weeks and bought a much-needed DSLR camera so I'm excited to hopefully get some better quality photos than I had with my point and shoot camera. :) 



{A pic of hubby & I on Christmas Eve when it was only us two that knew.}

In terms of my health, while I endured a bit of light morning sickness from weeks six to twelve, I've had really high energy since the beginning and have felt pretty great for the most part- I credit a big part of that to healthy eating, exercise and a fantastic whole food-based prenatal vitamin. I still fit into all of my clothes which is a plus as my belly growth has progressed slowly. I have purchased a few cute maternity items though for the coming months that I'm actually looking forward to wearing. ;)




{ This is a fairly recent photo of me taken at 12 weeks in our front hallway.}


I'm so grateful for all of you who follow along here at 'The Classy Woman' and always enjoy reading your comments and feedback. As I move into this new phase of my life in the coming months, you can still look forward to many of our regular posts as well as some new posts on etiquette, manners, fashion and more as it pertains to pregnancy and being a new mom which I know many of you will be able to relate to. As an interior decorator, I'm already working on the floor plan layout and nursery design schemes for each gender and I'll be sharing the finished space here with you all as well once it's complete. I'm really looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!



Any other pregnant mamas-to-be out there? When are you due? For all the moms out there-what was your favorite part of being pregnant? What month did you notice that your bump became really obvious? I look forward to hearing what you all have to say. :)

As always, thanks for reading!

XO