16 Weeks and Counting....

Thursday, March 14, 2013



I promised you all that I would share some baby updates and photos as we take them and since hubby snapped some 16-week pics yesterday, I thought I'd post them here for you all to see and also fill you in on new and exciting things that have been happening in our little world. Don't worry, I promise this won't become a pregnancy blog. ;) Regular scheduled classy woman posts to follow! Since many of you asked to be kept in the loop and it's a part of my life and I sometimes share about my personal life, my hubby and our life adventures I thought it was appropriate.

I just booked my 20-week ultrasound appointment and we're really excited to find out if baby Davis will be a little girl or boy! If baby cooperates and isn't crossing its legs so we can learn the sex (I was told to drink orange juice or sweet tea beforehand and apparently that will do the trick), I'll be planning a gender reveal party next month with our closest family and friends to share the news. I'll be sure to share some photos with all of you along with whether we'll be buying pink or blue after our big bash.

Compared to the 12-Week photo that I included in the announcement post last week, you can see that my bump has gotten quite a bit bigger in the past month which caught me by surprise to be honest. I think part of this is due to the fact that my 5'9" height is all in my legs and my torso is quite short. What's funny is that the day we take progress photos for some reason my belly always looks bigger than it typically is, the very next day it always seems to shrink a bit. ;)







{Outfit Details} Top: Ross (chambray sleeved version here)  //  Bottoms: Target  
Wedges: Tory Burch  // Earrings: Jewel Mint sold out similar style here)
Bracelets: Forever 21 (wearing mint & coral of the 7-pc set w/ some thin gold bangles) 

*All outfit items above are non-maternity.





I wanted to share some fun facts, and I'll likely continue something similar in future monthly updates. I don't know about you, but as a woman (even well before I became pregnant) I always enjoyed seeing other bloggers and friends' prego pics as well as hearing their personal journey, cravings and funny stories. Everyone's experiences are so unique.


{Fun Facts}

What I craved the most this month:  Hamburgers. I don't normally eat them but they're all I can think about. ;)

Biggest food aversions this month: The smell of curry and Indian spices (which I normally enjoy) make me feel queasy. The first couple months it was the smell of BBQ'd meats.

The craziest/funniest/scariest moment this month: I slipped while walking to my car in the driveway of my Dentist after a routine cleaning (while wearing flats), I caught myself and thankfully didn't fall but it scared me and I've since stopped wearing those shoes until I have rubber soles added to the bottoms.

The most exciting development this month: I felt baby move for the first time at 15.5 weeks! I hear that is early and most don't feel it until later but It felt like somersaults and as though baby was wearing boxing gloves and hitting my belly.

Weight gain from 12-16 weeks: 4 lbs, I've gained 5 lbs total to date.

Regular Wardrobe or Maternity Clothes?: I'm still wearing all of my own clothes. I've added several new maxi dresses to my closet for the coming months but all are regular sizes in my own size or a size up that will fit me for many months if not the entire pregnancy and post-delivery also. Most of my pants fit however I purchased a button extender so I can keep wearing them longer.




I'd love to hear from you! What do you remember from your own pregnancy at 4 months? Maybe some of my 'fun facts' questions & answers will spark your memory. :) Did you wait until the birth to find out your baby's gender or were you excited to find out ahead of time?

Thanks for Reading!

XO