A Little Bit of Red, White & Blue

Monday, May 28, 2012


Happy Weekend to you all & Happy Memorial Day to my U.S. friends! I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend as we celebrate and remember those who have served this country. We all have so much to be thankful for, including our freedom!

On Friday morning, instead of heading to the beach for the weekend we were driving home. Thanks to my lovely in-laws who booked a fabulous penthouse condo on the water, we enjoyed 3 days of relaxation, crashing waves and salty air. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, the weather was stunning the entire trip-not a cloud in the sky! Upon arriving home I started to feel achy and feverish. A combination of 3 sleepless nights at the condo (due to insanely cold A/C that we don't prefer but my in-laws do) and a somewhat uncomfortable mattress coupled with catching hubby's awful cold has wiped me out. I've spend the last two days in bed, reading magazines and watching movies. It's been pretty relaxed around here.



I hope the sun is shining where you all are! It's mostly clouds and drizzle here. Hurricane Beryl hit Jacksonville early this morning, I saw a few status updates and photos from friends via Facebook that live in the area and now we're experiencing heavy rain further south, but nothing too serious. Yay for rain! We needed it after many weeks without a single drop.

Here's a little bit of red, white and blue eye candy. Although it's not officially summer yet, the holiday is supposed to mark the start of the summer vacation season. Here's to all things summer!


      Nothing says long weekend like some summery backyard party drinks.



How about some fresh blueberries and strawberries wrapped in parchment paper cones?



Take a trip to the beach, or lay out by a pool. 
Show some red, white and blue love with a cute swimsuit.



What would summer be without watermelon! How cute is this watermelon punch in a hollowed out watermelon? Click {here} for the recipe, compliments of Martha Stewart.



Long weekends are the perfect opportunity to get your home ready for summer. Why not plant some flowers, spruce up your front porch or do a little spring cleaning? 


Speaking of sprucing things up, take a peek at this sweet yard sale treasure that I scooped up on Saturday morning for a steal. You can see it here via Facebook.



OR....Maybe you prefer a little solitude? If you're anything like me, I crave alone time on a regular basis. I love my friends & family but there is something so invigorating refreshing about being one with nature or a good book without distraction. It quiets the mind and refreshes the soul!


What were you up to this Memorial Day weekend?



*images: (1) , (2) , (3), (4) , (5) , (6) , (7)