Living Well: Learn to Enjoy the Moment

Friday, June 1, 2012


I think one of the biggest challenges that face women today is balance. With being a woman comes maintaining a home, trying to succeed in the workplace, managing a social life, nurturing friendships, paying bills, running errands, meeting deadlines and above all making time for family. Days turn into weeks and weeks into months and before long a whole year has flown by with only a few celebrations or moments often savored along the way.

The truth is that life was never meant to be a race, it was meant to be enjoyed. Many women are overwhelmed or so tightly wound up from all they're trying to accomplish in a week that it's sometimes hard to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life on weekends or during vacation.


In the last few years, spending more time outdoors with nature and taking a step back from demanding corporate sales positions to work for myself has allowed me to delight in the small moments like I never had before. This isn't to say that I don't feel overloaded with work at times or stressed but I had to take the time to define what was most important to me and my family. Beginning a gratitude journal was also key to unlocking a more thankful heart that allowed me to focus daily on five things that I am most grateful for at the end of my day.

Things that had been so important to me at one time in my mind, were no longer necessary. I adopted a less is more approach to life and scaled back in many different areas which has allowed me to spend less money, free up my schedule, bring less stuff into our home and focus on only what we truly need to be happy. I recently came to some other new revelations {here} while on a trip about what we want vs. what we need in life.

I just love this quote, it challenges us all to enjoy what we have whether it be time, an occupation, our family, money, friendships or the latest version of the iPad. Let's be women who know how to be content with what we have, not needing the next trendy pair of shoes or handbag to be happy. Ignore what the media tells you that you must have and need to be in order to be a success. Be satisfied in knowing what is best for you and keeping life as uncomplicated as it can be.


 "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; 

remember that what you have now was once among the things

 you only hoped for." 

~Epicurus (Greek Philosopher) 


On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful and fulfilling weekend enjoying the simple and most beautiful moments of life. :) I'd love to hear from you! How have you become more present in your  own life?

XO



*image (1)