The Definition of Good Manners

Thursday, June 28, 2012


We talk about manners here a lot on this blog and while many of us know what good manners are in terms of behavior and the basics such as saying please and thank you or holding the door open for others, I think this quote above by Emily Post sums up what good manners consist of. Being well mannered stems from one's ability to be aware, kind and considerate of another's feelings before speaking or acting. In essence, a classy woman's good manners put others at ease, making them feel drawn to her and comfortable in her presence. Isn't that how we all want to feel and make others feel also?

Today's post is super short, you all know I can write encyclopedia-length posts at times so I'm trying to deliver more bite-sized messages for you. I hope you're having a great week so far! I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow for the Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway, if you haven't entered to win yet you have until 11pm tonight! Good Luck! {Here} is a link to the gorgeous red dress up for grabs! :)




 One last thing, I haven't made a formal announcement here yet (only tweeted about it and shared on Facebook) but I wanted to let you all know that I have some ad spaces available and if you buy our regular size ad space now it'll be a very affordable $8 for 30 days-a 60% discount to kick of the summer! :) Rates go back up on July.1st so click {here} if you are interested, just 2 more days left! I'd love to show your page off to my readers- it's a great way to advertise your blog, Etsy shop, website, business, Facebook page, etc., to get new readers & customers!

XO