My JC Penney Steal!

Sunday, December 13, 2009



Don't you just love it when you score such a great deal that you feel all giddy inside? This weekend's shopping trip was somewhat unplanned but because I keep my little accordian coupon folder with me inside my reusable shopping bag at all times, I was able to get exactly what I wanted for a great price! Since many of you have recently voted on our blog poll for more money saving ideas, I thought I'd end the weekend with this post.

While I was doing a little Christmas shopping/browsing yesterday, I remembered that I had another one of my favorite $10 of $10 or more coupons. If you've been following my blog for a while you may remember the first JC Penney post I wrote where I used this same coupon a couple months ago, and how I got a stunning pair of chandelier earrings for just $2.77!

I made a beeline for the jewelry counter with one item in mind-sterling silver hoop earrings. They're a staple in a woman's jewelry box.  Sure, you can buy a pair of hoops anywhere but if they're not real silver they will eventually tarnish badly over time. My old pair had started to turn color and were not responding to soaking and I didn't want to wear them out like that, so it was indeed time for some new ones.

A good pair of sterling can run you around $30-50 but I found a great sale for 65% off!! I used my coupon on top of this discount on the original $44.00 price and wound up only paying $5.40 before tax! Pretty sweet deal for sterling silver at 87% off. Even the cashier commented and said, "You're robbing us!" and I said, "Yup, gotta love coupons!" ;). So, this was a little present to me from me. Take a look at the receipt below for the breakdown. Oh, and here are my shiny new hoops!







Stay on the lookout for these coupons, they were circulating in my area last week and are good until Dec.24th on almost anything. If you find an item for ten dollars then you won't even pay a dime. Even if you are finished all of your holiday shopping, there's no reason why you can't treat yourself to a freebie, right?

Have you been able to take advantage of this coupon? What did you buy?