Snow? I Can Dream....

Wednesday, December 23, 2009


My current background

SNOW. Do you love it or loathe it?  For many that happen to live in a State, Province or Country that is used to their fair share of the white fluffy stuff, many asked would say they'd wish it away for sunshine and tropical weather anyday!

I, on the other hand, grew up with it for many years and have spent the last few years living without it. Tropical and sunny is nice, but I'm ready for a seasonal change, this has been one long, hot year with just a few days of chilly. This will be my fourth year here to be exact and I MISS the snow . If you had asked me about this 5 years ago I may not have had the same feeling. You see getting up an hour early to shovel my driveway and chip the ice off of my windshield was never the highlight of my day. In fact, it was windy, bitter cold and often quite wet and slippery. For those that adore the fresh, clean scent of freshly fallen snow, dream with me a little from the comfort of a warm, cozy place.

I was on the hunt for a new background for my laptop (my red autumn leaves were just a little outdated) and here is what I found....





I love the idea of a winter chalet or log cabin curled up by the fire with some hot cocoa and a good book. Look at that freshly fallen snow on the rooftops-gorgeous!




 This beautiful snow-covered bridge is so pretty and reminds me of a more simple time in life. I love how this photo captures the snow actually falling!





A close-up of some snowflakes!




The snow brings winter birds.




 Crisp, clean and majestic.




I love the contrast of the icy branches against the bright, blue sky.





Snow and ice in Greenland-how artistic!



Perfect for the ones who don't like driving in snow. ;)




I love deer. I saw some in the mountains while spending a week in California this fall.





The perfect snowy, sunny day.




The snowy scenery wouldn't be complete without a snowman.





Isn't this just precious? This photo warms my heart.
You can see a third deer's ear in the background behind the railing.
So interesting to see animals check each other out. ;)


Happy Day Dreaming!