Relaxing or Shopping?

Saturday, December 26, 2009




Many have already tweeted and written facebook posts about their early morning shopping success. I'm wondering how you will all be spending your day today. Do you prefer vegging out with some movies, a book or spending time with family on Dec.26th; or heading to the mall to snag some deals.

In Canada, today is the biggest shopping day of the year, it's called Boxing Day. This is when everyone takes their Christmas gift money and heads out for the day. It is comparable to the U.S' Black Friday. Ever since moving here I have stopped my previous tradition of scoping out the best deals on Dec.26th. I am working today however, so I'll be inside a store amidst the chaos, whether I like it or not. I am hoping to snag a couple great deals while I'm there though. 

My girlfriend just moved into a new home and she recently informed me that she needs a Christmas tree for next year, since they didn't have one this year. Tomorrow we plan to head out and brave the crowds to see what kind of deals we can get. I refuse to buy Christmas ornaments unless they are at least 75% off, so I may have to wait a few more days for those. I love getting the cute little Hallmark ornaments for a steal. My tree is filled with many of them and I've always waited for the sale before buying new ones. I'm also on the lookout for some beautiful greeting cards that I can use next year.

BTW-The results are in for the re-gifting poll as it is now closed, and it turns out that more of you re-gift items than not. It is definitely becoming more and more acceptable. We had 11 re-gifters, 9 that don't re-gift and 1 person that planned to re-gift this year but had never done so before. 

Now that Christmas is over, what to do with that non-useful gift you received this year? Stay tuned for tomorrow's post which will turn the items that you'd otherwise re-gift throughout the year into a fun and creative day.


Leave a comment and let us know how you are planning to spend YOUR day.

I hope the rest of your holidays will be both peaceful and joyful!