What to Wear: Classy Dresses by Shabby Apple

Friday, August 13, 2010


I've received a few e-mails from readers asking for more fashion posts. Truth be told, I have been meaning to begin a regular series called 'What to Wear' several months ago. I have so many wonderful summer post ideas saved in draft mode but I'm quickly realizing that we're already half way through August, so I need to get a move on! I'm going to try to squeeze a couple more summer posts in before autumn is here and then dive head first into some fall fashion and focus on other aspects of the classy woman's wardrobe.

One of the things I love about living in Florida is that summer never really goes away. This means that while every store in town (and online) is busy clearing out sandals, shorts, tanks and pretty dresses to make room for jeans, jackets and pants, I get to scoop up cute finds for an amazing deal like 75% off and wear them for nearly the whole year, without having to wait until next summer. The only downside to that is that I do miss experiencing the weather and fashion of all four seasons.  Now is the time to stock up on swimsuits, cover ups, shorts, sandals and tanks for next summer. Besides, you should still get at least another good month or more out of all your new finds.



A few months ago I stumbled upon a clothing line by Shabby Apple boutique. If you haven't heard of them, they create a lot of beautiful designs, classic lines and some with a trendy little twist. They sell everything from dresses and swimsuits to jewelry and shoes. I even adore their category names like ManhattanCentral Park and Ooh La La. While I haven't purchased anything from their line yet, I wanted to share a few that I have my eye on right now. It's important to have a few dresses on hand for various occasions and events-especially the quintessential little black dress. Sometimes I like to throw on a pretty dress and a pair of heels for no good reason at all-it's a great pick-me-up and it seems to catch my hubby off guard! ;)

Here are some of my Shabby Apple Favorites:



I love navy and red paired together! What can I say? I love nautical style.  How cute is this dress paired with red peep-toe pumps? Perfect for lunch out with the girls or a day at the office.



T'is the season to drench yourself in vibrant color with the polish and femininity of ruffle details and a ladylike knee-length dress. I am craving something in fuscia. How pretty it would be with a gold pair of heeled sandals!


I have always loved polka dots-in fact I own a brown and light cream polka dot dress in my closet-I know, how very Pretty Woman of me. I love the little ruffle on the top part of this dress. It is so feminine and reminds me a bit of the 1950's. A dress like this is timeless, figure flattering and oh-so-pretty.


L'ETE- $86

Appropriately named l'ete, French for summer itself, this striped wrap dress would be cute with a pair of wedges, sandals or even ballet flats or gladiators. The colors themselves remind me of the beach-sand and surf in tan and blue.



This is the perfect dress for late summer and early fall-lovely with a double string of pearls as shown. Worn for a business meeting by day and then straight to a dinner date, this dress could take you anywhere.

Have you bought yourself a lovely new dress this summer? Do any of these catch your eye? Perhaps you're thinking about taking advantage of the end of season sales-What's on your list? 



* I was not compensated by Shabby Apple  in any way for this post, these are my personal favorites and opinions.