4th of July Summer Drink Recipes

Sunday, June 27, 2010

One of the things that I really enjoy about hot, sunny weather, is the fun, fruity, chilled drinks to help keep me cool. There are so many great variations and flavors to experiment with. As 4th of July is just around the corner, I thought I'd share some fun drinks that I came across in my recent edition of Coastal Living Magazine (July/August 2010).

While I'm not generally into overly themed parties, especially the typical red, white and blue, these drinks would be a fun addition to any upcoming BBQ or backyard party. I love that all three of these are so different from one another in not only color by flavor too. You could take your favorite and serve it at future events too. While all of these do have alcohol, sometimes you can edit them by removing the alcohol and adding in fruit, white chocolate or cacao. The first would be easiest to turn into a fruity chiller.














If red, white and blue is not your thing, HERE is a link to Coastal Living's 18 other great summer drink recipes! If you missed my post on great potluck dishes for an upcoming party you'll be hosting or attending, click to learn more about Simple and Perfect Potluck Fare.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!




*All images from CoastalLiving.com, header from Coastal Living Magazine July/Aug 2010