Fabulous Decor Finds for Under Five Dollars!

Friday, October 2, 2009


A few days ago I started a fun little experiment on myself, with my fun money that I typically use for decor purchases, I've started limiting myself to just $5 or less. Most of the stores I'm frequenting are ones like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Home Goods, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Target and of course yard sales!

The great thing that I've discovered with the discount retailers like Marshall's is that they typically place a Clearance section in the HOME section of their store towards the back (after you've looked at everything else). This has now been the place I start first when perusing the goods. They have everything from contemporary frames for $2 to elegant notepaper sets for around $3 and often have artwork for a steal too!

Now, these are specific to each store and state so it would be unfair to post my finds because not all stores will have what I've discovered. You all know how much I love to save money on great decor. If you missed the amazing Walmart finds, take a look at my  last decor post for some of their amazing accessories and furniture.

Here are 10 items at widely accessible retailers that offer some fun decor goodies for under five dollars. Whether you keep them for yourself or save them up for gifts, they're a great deal!

LUMIERE WAVY CANDLEHOLDER -$3.95 at CB2





AXIS SERVERWARE- $4.95 at West Elm





BROWN BERRY NECKROLL COVER- $3.95 at Potterybarn






SALONG VASE -$4.99 at Ikea





SKOJ Clock- $4.99 at Ikea




Elsa L. Inc. Baby Decoupage Frame - Pink (4x4")- $3.98 at Target





KORT ART CARDS (5-pack) -$5.00 at Ikea



GRANUM TEA LIGHT HOLDER (5-pack) $2.99 at Ikea



MARQUIS TEALIGHT-$4.99 at ZGallerie










So, you might be wondering what I've purchased so far under five dollars.This is a gorgeous note card set I picked up in the Marshall's clearance section for just $2! They're so pretty and I can't wait to use them! I love to stock up, because I'm always writing thank you cards. To learn more about that, read my post on 'Cards are Classy'.










How about you-do you ever give yourself a specific limit like under $10 or under $5 only? Have you found any fabulous decor for under $5 or in a clearance section? Tell us about it!