Cupcake Cuteness: Baking Ideas & Fun Finds

Thursday, October 8, 2009
Image Source




Do you love cupcakes? I don't know what it is about those adorable little treats that puts a smile on my face everytime. Whether homemade or boutique bought, I love a delicious cupcake topped with smooth and creamy icing-and the more creative of a design, the better. This post is for you ladies out there that love cupcakes (and anything cupcake related) as much as I do!

CUPCAKE POPS



How adorable are these? Wouldn't these be great for a little girl's birthday party? My friend Lily first introduced me to cake balls which were essentially cake with a hard chocolate coating, I tried red velevet which were delish! If you want to try these cupcake pops or smaybe ome cake balls/pops or just some spooky hallowe'en cupcakes, visit Bakerella for more info.


GIANT CUPCAKE PAN



This  year I wanted to do something a little different for my birthday cake. Since I wasn't celebrating a big year and I wasn't planning a party or having a gathering, I decided to pick up the Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan to bake my birthday cake. When I saw it at Michael's, I just knew I had to have it! I got to use a 40% off coupon which made it that much sweeter. Think about it- you could make so many fun and different birthday cakes for adults and kids alike from this one pan! Wouldn't this be a wonderful idea as a baby's 1st Birthday cake. No need to spend a lot of money on an individual cake. Let them tear that one to pieces and shove their little fingers in it and save the larger cake exclusively for the birthday guests.


CUPCAKE PIN CUSHION



Calling also sewers! This pin cushion is super cute and available on Etsy. This would be such a cute gift for a friend or yourself! I love that they are made from recycled and re-purposed vintage chenille bedspreads from the 1940's and 1950's-how cool!


CUPCAKE BOX BABY ONSIES



These would make such and adorable and original gift. A package of six onesies inside a cupcake box that are in the shape of actual cupcakes! Another wonderful and unique find on Etsy from Claudia's Boutique.


CUPCAKE APRON (MOMMY& ME SET)



For all you ladies who know someone that loves to bake with their daughter, how cute would these matching aprons be as a giftAnother creative and handmade find from Etsy.


CUPCAKE SOAPS






 
This summer while I was visiting Toronto to see my family and friends I had a little birthday party. One of my girlfriends got me something thoughtful-cupcake soaps! They are just too pretty to lather up with, but I've put them to good use on display! I found a pair of glass cake stands with lids at Ross for just $14.99. I used to use them for displaying treats but now I have a treat that won't expire. They are on display on my kitchen counter. they were a gift purchased in a Toronto boutique so I don't have the store name, however you can find these all over the web including etsy like the strawberry one above.


PASSPORT COVER




This is an adorable gift for a little girl who is traveling for the first time or a teen who just wants to make her passport look fabulous! You can find it here.



CUPCAKE BOOKS








If you love to bake but feel like you've run out of ideas, why not pick up a cupcake book with hundreds of cupcake recipes. Sure, you can search online, but there's something about a compilation of glossy pages and mouth watering treats that is hard to resist! These books also make great gifts for all the cupcake-lovers you know. You can find these and many more at the Cake Journal Book Shop.


CUPCAKE TEES




Do you want something wearable to express your love for this famous treat? Why not grab a cupcake tshirt. You can find this one here.


CUPCAKE COSTUMES









If you were thinking of a fun costume for yourself or your daughter for a costume party, a cupcake costume could be adorable! I have never personally seen a cupcake costume ever. You can do a search and get a lot of fun ideas to make your own or look up patterns online.


I  SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST!



There is actually a website called All Things Cupcake! If you want to find more great ideas, recipes, fun ideas, order cupcakes, find costumes, birthday ideas, they've got it!

I would love to get my hands on some winning Christmas-themed cupcakes that I can bake this year. Here are two dozen that I baked for a ladies holiday gathering. It was a lot of fun-we had great conversation, yummy snacks and also did a white elephant gift exchange!






Vanilla Cupcakes and icing with Mint Spear candies and cinnamon fireballs.

My personal favorite cupcake flavors are banana, lemon, carrot cake and key lime pie. I guess you could say I like the fruity flavors that don't give me too much chocolate overload. What are yours? Do you have an amazing cupcake recipe you'd love to share? E-mail me or leave a comment and I'll post it in an upcoming blog post.

Have a SWEET day!