8 Great Pumpkin Recipes & Linky Party

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Aren't you just in love with the cornocopia of beautifully colored fruits and veggies of the harvest season?  I've made a point to purchase as much of it as I could and challenge myself to make new recipes and also invent new recipes that would honor all of this produce.

So far I've made curry chicken with baked sweet potatoes, an artichoke salad, concord grape puree to top my organic blueberry waffles and eggplant parmagiana. A couple weeks ago I stocked up and bought several cans of pumpkin after last year's shortage due to the freeze. I knew that beyond the two pumpkin pies I make every Thanksgiving, I wanted to come up with other creative recipes that weren't just for dessert.

If you've also been on the hunt for some exciting new recipes to celebrate the beautiful, edible pumpkin; I've included 8 great recipes below.

Pumpkin & Black Bean Soup



Pumpkin-Shrimp Bruschetta



Gingersnap Crumble Pumpkin Parfait



Pumpkin & Mushroom Pasta with Gorgonzola

 {via Closet Cooking}


Pumpkin-Praline Cheesecake



New World Pumpkin-Turkey Chili


Pumpkin Pie Pancakes


Rigatoni with Pumpkin & Bacon


While canned pumpkin is super convenient, making your own is actually really simple. Kevin shares how to make pumpkin puree HERE. It can be used in so many recipes and freezes easily too.

What have you been up to in the kitchen lately? I've included a LINKY below so you can share your favorite Autumn recipes!

Warmly,