Your Greatest Beauty Asset

Friday, October 15, 2010

We women spend a great deal of time primping ourselves to look good. I don't know a single woman that isn't trying to reverse the aging process in one way or another.

You could be the most well dressed, most fit and physically beautiful woman from the outside but if you are missing than inner sparkle that shines though, then you are missing the point of true beauty. The world wants to see your SMILE. It lets others know you are happy, that you choose to be content with who you are, where you are at in life and brightens the day and often the lives of others.

It's such a simple thing-it doesn't cost a penny, we don't have to search for it or try it on to see if it fits-a smile is the perfect accessory for every outfit. Don't let the stresses of  the day and your frustrations and worry cause you to hide your best asset. A smile can add a pep to your step and will cause others around you to wonder what you're so happy about. It really is contagious!

My hubby is good at getting me back on track when I'm in a funk. Sometimes when I have one of those days where everything seems to be falling apart, I forget to smile as I try to piece everything back together. At those times Paul will usually tell me he misses my smile and it's enough to make me smile and it's a good reminder not to take everything so seriously.

It's alright to be true to what is happening in your life if you're enduring a sad time or going through something difficult. Just don't live in that place. Sometimes we don't feel like smiling or don't feel like there is a lot to smile about, but that's just the time when we need to give it a little extra effort. Fake it until you make it, as they say!

Who in your life always looks beautiful, not because of their outer appearance, but because of their contagious smile? For me it's my hubby. I chose the photo of Tenley Molzahn above from The Bachelor, Bachelor Pad as she always has such a positive outlook on life and is such a warm person. While she is a beautiful woman in terms of her outer appearance, for me it's her huge smile that I find so endearing and gives her a real sparkle. She is a true classy woman.

Have a beautiful weekend ladies!