Dreaming of a Tropical Destination?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010


We've had record cold temperatures here in FL the past two weeks and I'm ready for warmth and sunshine once again! You probably remember reading this post before Christmas. While I didn't get to see any snow (as the weather man seemed to promise), I have  now experienced enough chilliness to last me for the rest of the year! Don't get me wrong, the first few days were an enjoyable, welcome change. I was psyched to pull my scarves and gloves out of the attic and put them to good use. However, after the first week I was wondering how on earth I endured it for so many years before. As you can see, I've turned into a bit of a weather wimp over the past 4 winters. I do realize that some of you experience months of this weather as I used to. God Bless you all and keep warm!

For everyone who is dreaming of pushing past all of this chilly weather and is dying to hop on a plane to somewhere sunny, come enjoy a piece of heaven with me as we mentally transport ourselves to these tropical destinations below. :)

HEAVEN ON EARTH



Ahhh. So peaceful.





This reminds me of our last cruise vacation. I *heart* tropical fish!






Who doesn't love photos from Bora Bora and French Polynesia?
I could lay in this hammock ALL day!



 


Snorkelling in the sunshine followed by an afternoon nap in the above-water hut sounds perfect!








OR Strolling along the beach to watch a stunning sunset.



 

Can you tell I really want to go to Bora Bora?




Perhaps a romantic dinner on the beach?




Untouched and beautiful!





Solitude.


Thanks for traveling with me, I hope these photos will add some warmth to your day!

So far Fiji and Santorini, Greece have been our most favorite and memorable destinations. Here are a few pics below from our September 2006 Honeymoon in Fiji :









                                         Heading to Dinner


                  View of Fiji from our tiny plane





How about you? What is your favorite vacation destination?