What Are You THANKFUL For Today?

Thursday, November 19, 2009



With all of the grocery shopping, fall decorating and preparations before Thanksgiving Day, with just one week to go I thought it was only appropriate to focus on the most important part of this holiday- being thankful.

It's so easy to get caught up in feeling as though you don't have enough, or won't have enough for the holiday season. The constant news updates on of the state of the economy alone could put anyone into a state of depression. However, it's important to dig deep and remember all that we have been given, all of the skills that we have to offer, our families and dearest friends, our freedom, and all of the things that we do not suffer from in terms of our health.

Nature always connects me to what's most important. This morning I went for a 30 minute walk to stretch, take in some fresh air and start my day. I came across some beautiful monarch butterflies hovering over some wildflowers, fluttering about and I was reminded of the amazing power of transformation that we each have within ourselves. Butterflies are such beautiful creatures that always bring a smile to my face. I found myself stopping to just watch them in their natural environment without a care in the world, doing what butterflies do. Later on during my walk I saw some baby birds up high in a nest chirping and learning to fly. At the end of my driveway I'm lucky enough to have a very old and large oak tree that is home to mainy squirrels and birds, in particular -bluejays. Some days I only need to look out my window and see the little lizards scurrying about on our front porch and it brings me to a simple, peaceful place.

TODAY I am most thankful for:

1. My Husband- I am also grateful for all of my family and friends but today I am most grateful for my hubby. No matter what life throws at us, we are a true team who celebrate when the day calls for it and love and support each other through life's toughest challenges. This year there have been several and it makes me realize how loving and committed he is to our marriage.

2. My Home-There have been some highs and lows with my hubby and I both being entrepreneurs and running our own businesses. It has required a LOT of faith some months, but we are always provided for and we always have a roof over our head.

3. My Car- it always starts when I turn the key in the ignition, it has never left me stranded and it's comfortable and clean to boot!

4.. Free Veggies- My husband was visiting some friends the other day and they happened to provide him with a bag of veggies and fruit from their garden as they had many extras, which was a wonderful blessing.

5. My Health-Perhaps one of the greatest gifts, I am most grateful for my health. I am happy to have so many natural options around me and access to wonderful supplements and nutritious foods as well as medical  care when needed. Not all countries have the unlimited options and supplies that we have.

6. Gorgeous Weather- This is the time of  year that Floridians long for. The warm, breezy days filled with sunshine mixed with the cool, crisp evening walks. I have always loved autumn in any place I've lived but am perhaps most grateful and thankful for it in FL after a very long, hot, sticky summer.

7. God- My continual source of strength, faith, hope, love, joy, peace, mercy, grace, contentment, provision and finances. Of my list today, I am most thankful for my relationship with God, the one who never lets me down. In my books He is above all things.

What are you most thankful for TODAY? Share it with us!