Romantic Ruffles for Spring!

Friday, April 15, 2011


Thank you to everyone who popped by to meet Karen and read my guest post for her blog on Monday! I really appreciate it. If you didn't catch that post, you can read it {here}.

When springtime comes I instantly feel attracted to everything delicate, soft, airy, girly and pretty. Ruffles have always had a place in fashion but over the past few spring seasons we've seen them make a big comeback in both our home as well as the runway. Everything from blouses, dresses to scarves to ruffled blazers, clutches and shoes. A lot of brides are opting for dresses adorned with ruffles now more than ever.


My sweet friend { L} got married a few weeks ago wearing this beautiful ruffled gown. She is  shown here alongside of her flower girl and was such a stunning bride!




While I'm a bikini kind of gal I do love this turquoise ruffled one-piece swimsuit by Shabby Apple.

True Parisian glamour! I rarely wear a dress with sleeves, especially in spring or summer but this one is stunning! You can find it featured {here}.


 This ruffled cardigan is from JCrew and comes in 4 different colors, it's perfect for Spring's unpredictable weather.



My closet is home to a few ruffled tops, a scarf and even a dress which I've had for a few years and love today just as much as the day I purchased them. You might remember me sharing these comfy ballet flats from Target that I purchased a few months ago which are trimmed with just the perfect touch of ruffle detail.

I'm also a fan of small doses of ruffles in home decor. Lately I've been doing some shopping for clients and coming across some really beautiful items. I wanted to share a few for those that are  into romantic ruffles also.

A Few of my Ruffled Favorites


This is Potterybarn's ruffled jersey organic sheet set. What's not to love?! Not only is it soft and romantic but it has cottage charm and it's good for you and the environment. That will help you sleep at night. They also offer a ruffled turkish organic duvet cover and sham set as well, so over or under, they've got you covered!



I found this image and tutorial at Just a Girl and thought this would be a cute lampshade DIY. Her finished product shown above was inspired by the Anthropologie ruffled lampshade.



Target offers this ruffles shower curtain for just $25! I've seen something similar available in other stores like Anthropologie for about 4x the price so this is a steal! The soft and feminine detail would add a bit of 'pretty' to any bathroom.



This Floret ruffled rosette pillow from Zgallerie was a recent selection for a client's master bedroom reading chair.I love that it is linen, so light and airy.



I hope you all have a sweet weekend! :)



Have you bought anything with ruffles recently? I'd love to hear about it!



*tablecloth, cake