Can We Really Have & Do it All?

Friday, July 30, 2010
 

This is a question I've put a lot of thought into over the years. As I go about each day, make plans for the next, dream big, accomplish goals and multi-task with the best of them-I often ask myself, "Just how much can we really have and do"? Can we have it all, and at once? Celebrities make it look simple enough but even Oprah, whose built quite an empire during her lifetime, has shared that women can have it all, just not all at once. With every year that passes, it is made abundantly clear to me that now more than ever there is still so much I want to do, have, see and become. That is where a great little book comes in.

A few months ago I found a woman named Christine Caine via Twitter as she was placed on Twitter's home page of top tweets. The quotes and wisdom she tweeted about drew me in for more, and I immediately became a follower. Later, I visited her website and stumbled upon her book titled: 'Can I have and do it all, please?'  I knew that was a book for me. A few short days later it arrived in the mail and I read it from cover to cover. I have nothing but praises to sing of this book!

Christine is a wife, mother, author, professional speaker, world traveler and founder of a thriving ministry called Equip and Empower. She is one busy woman! After speaking at countless women's events, she started to see a trend when opening up questions to the audience-they all wanted to know virtually the same thing-How she has created a life where she can have and do it all. She finally decided to write a book  that answers the many questions that women all over the world had been asking her for years.


From start to finish, I could relate to so many aspects of Christine's own story and her daily life adventures and misadventures. I really enjoyed her "tell-it-like-it-is," passionate and often humorous way of communicating messages of hope and inspiration. The advice she offers is timeless and is filled with powerful truths. As a woman in ministry, she also incorporates God's word and scripture to further point to these truths.  She covers everything from managing and enjoying relationships, thriving in your career, having your own identity, living with simplicity, riding through the seasons of life and the importance of knowing your life's purpose.

Christine has a way of relating to every woman. She is a breath of fresh air and I love that she is REAL, sharing both her triumphs and pitfalls, a dose of comedy as well as the keen ability to speak just the right words into your life. This is a fun, breezy read that will leave you feeling inspired and ready to tackle your own life and even endure challenges in a new way so that you can have and do everything that you dream of.

This book is for EVERY woman no matter what season or place she is at in her life. This book is not only empowering but also inspiring and liberating! I hope you'll check out Christine's book, it's available on AMAZON. It would make a fabulous gift for the women in your life!

How about you-do you struggle with trying to be superwoman? What are your secrets to having, doing and accomplishing all that you dream of?

Happy Friday!



*Please note that I was in no way paid or compensated for providing my thoughts and this review on Christine Caine's book. This is solely my opinion and personal experience and I am thrilled about sharing it with all of you!