Makeover Monday: Part 1-My Vintage Footstool Transformation

Saturday, August 8, 2009


As I mentioned in Saturday's post, I have been working on a little footstool transformation. I took a vintage footstool that looked far too warn for our decor and revamped it! This footstool was handmade by my hubby's grandfather many years ago. While he is no longer with us, his memory will live on and my husband was thrilled to see that I was updating it so it could be used in our home. It will live in our guest bedroom/my office where it will be used to rest my feet and ease my back while working on my laptop. It can also double as a short stool in a pinch for extra seating too. The above photo is the finished product.

Here are the Before Photos




















The leather was covered over with new fabric by simply using a staple gun and new fabric and here it has one of its three coats of Olympic's 'Ivory Tower' so it will match the fabric. Below, I've shown how to tackle corners by tucking so that the all of the fabric lays flat.

A Work in Progress









I apologize for the awkward photo placement as blogger isn't always the easiest to maneuvre the photos.

I'd love to see what projects you've tackled. Take a moment and post a comment with a link to your blog!

HERE is the matching office chair that I redid. :)

~Karla