Your Attitude Determines Your Day

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

If you've been following this blog for a while, you  know that this is not the first post I've written on the importance of attitude in one's life. A few months ago I posted about having an attitude of gratitude and my experience with beginning a gratitude journal.

For many, a classy woman is deemed as such because of her outer appearance and overall polished exterior. This is also important, but more than this it is her attitude towards life that will not only allow her to realize success today but will also shape her into the woman she will become in future and carry her through life.



I had the day off from work today and decided to do some light cleaning. I began dusting off our bookcases (my husband has a very large library with a wide range of book topics) and I randomly pulled some titles off the shelf that I hadn't seen before and decided to flip through them when I came across this anonymous quote about our daily attitude and thought I would share it with all of you since this is a topic close to my heart.


"I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight; I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I'm going to have. Today I can complain because the weather is rainy, or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money, or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste. Today I can grumble about my health, or I can rejoice that I am alive. Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up, or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns, or I can celebrate that thorns have roses. Today I can mourn my lack of friends, or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships and rekindle old ones.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work, or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do. Today I can complain because I have to go to school, or I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with new tidbits of knowledge. Today I can murmur because I have to do housework, or I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me waiting to be shaped, and here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to ME. I get to choose what kind of day I will have."

~Anonymous




It's funny how you can enter a room, a loved one's home or even just arrive at work and your otherwise great mood can be squashed by a co-worker's complaining, bad attitude or negative outlook on life. On the contrary, some people are just known for being able to put a smile on your face because of their sheer zest for life!

I don't know about you but I want to be remembered for being someone who brings joy and light into other's lives and who makes my mind up that the day will be great no matter what circumstances and mishaps may be in store for me. After all, today's test is just tomorrow's testimony!

I hope you all have a lovely week!