Ready for Fall!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

For the past three weeks now I've been craving everything 'fall', how about you? Its official arrival date may still be two days away but it cannot come quickly enough! Maybe it's because of all the fun fall fashion I see in the store windows, the scent of cinnamon brooms that catch my attention every time I go to the grocery store or perhaps it's because Florida has had one long, one very hot summer and I'm just ready for a change, any change that doesn't involve hot, sticky weather. Nothing would make me happier than being able to open every window in our house again after 6 months for a fresh breeze.



Growing up in the north, fall has always been my favorite time of year. It's not quite cold enough to require being bundled up but it has cozy written all over it. I love long walks in the country and seeing all of the stunning colorful leaves changing, hearing dried leaves crunching under my feet as I walked hot cocoa in hand. I love the smell of freshly mulled apple cider on the stove and pumpkin pie in the oven. The very thought of curling up in comfy pajamas with tea and a good book sheltered from the evening's crisp air makes me giddy inside. I'm a sucker for a roaring fire be it a bonfire or campfire at the cottage or via a fireplace on the chillier evenings. I really enjoy picking apples at the orchard and hunting down just the right pumpkins to display on our porch. These things speak fall to me.



The fall temps here will come in about 2 months so until then I'll just keep wearing dresses, shorts, flip flops and sporting white because in Florida it's not a faux-pas. ;)

The colors, the coziness, the warmth and of course the seasonal sweet treats! These images embody fall for me.




I've made the mini pumpkin candles before, going to try these next!


Pumpkin Tarts. Um, yes please!!!



I love beautiful, natural wreaths and this barn door reminds me of my country walks.


This outfit has ME written all over it, blazers are a must for my wardrobe. I've always been a huge fan of them and have a growing collection. I love the classic and polished look that a blazer brings to jeans and a crisp shirt or tee pulling everything together. They are a practical staple for any classy woman!


What would fall be without pumpkins and colorful  mums?


If these don't say harvest treat, I don't know what does! I love the rustic twigs!!



I've always been fascinated by the beauty that is indian corn.



Boots, boots, boots! Oh, how my feet have missed you!

I've slowly begun decorating for fall even though it's 90 degrees most days. Oh, and THIS simple decor arrangement is set up on my table right now. You might remember it from last year's fall decorating. 

What are YOUR favorite things about fall?





*all images {via}