Potterybarn Spring Decor Inspiration

Tuesday, March 16, 2010



I have always loved Potterybarn's elegant and yet unfussy style, and while their furniture and accessories are not always the most affordable for everyone, many of these items could be sourced from a discount store or even made by hand for a fraction of the price.

To me these are purely spring inspiration and I came across them while working on a redesign project for a new client who is looking to 'spring-ify' her new home.


LOVELY SPRING DECOR



How cute are these bird nest place card holders?! These would be great for not only Easter but they would also be adorable and appropriate for a spring baby shower luncheon.




I always love the look of clean, crisp, hotel style bedding. It is classic, timeless and elegant. Potterybarn does a great job with their grand embroidered duvet set. It looks very similar to a set I have in out guest room at the moment. I love it as much as the day I bought it and at just $40 for the set at Marshall's, how could I not?



I think that these Bethany organic sheer drapes are so pretty. I'm actually thinking about getting some for my own home. The colors are so soft and soothing and would work well in any neutral space.



This little nest sentiment lumbar pillow is super cute and cozy. You can pair it with a multiplicity of other colored  pillows or keep it soft by introducing pale blues and cream. It is the perfect addition to any sofa.




While my own personal decorating style does not include a home  filled with antiques, I love the idea of choosing a few special pieces of furniture and/or great accessories like these found antique pickling jars and letting them become a highlighted conversation piece. It would be great to showcase a poem or love letter from your sweetheart or even something as simple as sand from a previous vacation along with seashells.



Not only do I adore these gorgeous seashore dinner plates, but I am blessed to have them in my cupboard along with an adorable set of clamshell salad plates. I purchased them  over 3 years ago with a gift card I received from my bridal shower. My hubby and I love everything beachy so these were perfect and they are classic spring/summer plates that won't go out of style. Despite the fact that the website lists them as salad plates, they are actually 11" large dinner size, perfect for entertaining! Now, if I could get my hands on those stunning (but pricey) mother-of-pearl utensils!



Since I adore everything French, I found myself falling for these calligraphy straight drum shades. I actually saw another blogger re-create this look with tea bags to stain the drum shade and some printed calligraphy taped to the inside of the shade as a stencil and then painted on with black paint. She also used a stamper for the post marks. It's light, airy and not meant to be taken too seriously-perfect for spring.




Vase fillers are a great way to add elements of the new season. Artichokes, pears or these lovely decorative speckled eggs would be a great accent in any apothecary jar or vase.



I really like the idea of outdoor panels for privacy, sun protection and a dash of glamour for a patio area or backyard space. White or Cream grommet panels are the perfect addition and can easily be washed without the worry of fading colors. Punch it up with colorful outdoor furniture cushions, accent pillows, fun florals, lanterns, candles or planter boxes. Don't forget the lemondade!






These Alexis ceramic table lamps are so stylish and fun. I really like both the blue and the yellow. These would be a wonderful complement to any room but are perfection with a white drum shade.



I thought these typeface bath accessories were a bit whimsical and yet modern at the same time. I haven't seen any like these before and they'd be great for either a guest bath or master suite.


What is you favorite decor idea for spring? Do you try to lighten your color palette, soften your textures, bring nature indoors or simply add some fresh cut blooms to a pretty vase? I'd love to hear from you and feel free to leave a link with some great spring decor that you've found inspirational. :)